AP-Companies provides services to our members through our worldwide network of assistance centers, health and logistics providers.!
In this Privacy Notice we make a commitment to protect your privacy. We also describe what information we collect about you and why we collect it, how we use and safeguard that information and what choices you have, including how to access and update or ask us to delete your information.
1. The personal data that we collect
Personal Identifiable Information or Personal Data is information that can be used on its own or in combination with other information, to identify an individual person, contact or locate a single person. Sensitive Information or Special Category Personal Data we may collect includes information about an individual’s current health or health history, sexual orientation or religion.
2. How we collect data and why
We collect information about you when you buy, use or benefit from AP-Companies services or products.
We may not always receive personal information from you directly but also from other sources, such as your employer or your relatives, your insurance company, other assistance companies, financial institutions, medical service providers, travel agencies and similar companies that are permitted to share this personal data.
"Personal data" includes information that will allow someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your full name, address, telephone number (professional & home) or email address, gender, date of birth, nationality, family status, professional activity, status (expatriate or traveler) and destinations.
3. How data will be used and who we can disclose or transfer data to and why
AP-Companies will use your personal data to provide you with services and products that: (a) you purchase; (b) are purchased by your employer or your relative's employer; (c) are purchased by an association or institution (including an educational establishment) of which you are a member; (d) are part of services provided through an insurance program or as part of financial services that are provided to you.
AP-Companies may collect or you may provide to AP-Companies, medical data to provide medical assistance, managing medical and health assessment reports, create an emergency medical record, or data about your travel plans to enable AP-Companies to provide you with security assistance and travel information and support.
Your personal data may be transferred to service providers that are performing services for AP-Companies or acting as AP-Companies’s agents, which may be located in a country outside of your country of origin. AP-Companies will require that any such service providers agree to keep your personal data secure and confidential, use it only for the purposes for which the personal data is transferred and use it only in accordance with AP-Companies’s directions.
With your consent and in compliance with relevant personal data protection and privacy laws, for similar purposes as those outlined above, your personal data may also be transferred to: your employer; or your relative's employer; or the insurance company; or private medical insurer; or other financial institution; or other institution or company that purchased the AP-Companies services or products on your behalf or under which you receive the benefit of such services or products.
Your personal data may be transferred to Government authorities, agencies and institutions as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations. AP-Companies shall not collect, use, disclose or transfer your personal data except as described in this Statement unless you give us your permission to collect, use, disclose or transfer it for other purposes.
Taking into account the global nature of the services and technological solutions, in order to process the Personal Data with the aim of service provision, Personal Data may be transferred for processing to the receivers located outside the European Union and the European Economic Area, for instance, if their services are provided by a counterparty. Any such international transfer of Personal Data is done in compliance with the requirements of the Regulation, and in such cases we will follow the procedures established in the legal acts in order to ensure the required level of the Personal Data Processing and Protection as established in the Regulation.
When transferring your Personal Data outside the EU and the EEA, we will comply with at least one of the below conditions:
• transfer to a country recognized by the European Commission as a country providing the appropriate Personal Data Protection level; if the European Commission has decided that the territory of a particular country or separate sectors or the respective international organization provides an adequate level of protection for your Personal Data. You may obtain general information about the decisions taken by the European Commission on the European Commission's website http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/internationaltransfers/adequacy/index_en.htm;
• transfer to a country or international organization providing appropriate guarantees between public authorities or bodies;
• transfer in accordance with the supervising authority’s authorization relating to contractual clauses between the controller or processor and the controller, processor or the recipient of the personal data in the third country or international organization;
• if explicit Consent to transfer the Personal Data has been received;
• transfer is required to execute the contract
• transfer is required to exercise or protect legitimate rights and interests, file claims (for instance, for the purpose of legal proceedings).
If you use our AP-Assistance app, it will collect some Personal information and Travel information. This includes the email address of the app enabled device or your personal AP-Companies membership number. This information is integral to how the app works, as we need to know where you are in order to keep you safe. Location monitoring is a voluntary feature and you can disable it at any time.
5. Medical and Security Assistance
When you speak with someone at one of our Assistance Centers, the call will usually be recorded. We do this for Training and Quality purposes. If our coordinators ask you for permission to share your personal information and medical information with your insurer, this will be to allow them to place a Guarantee of Payment so you will not be asked to pay for your medical expenses. Your consent will allow us to submit a claim to your insurer.
6. Cookies and tracking technologies
7. Data Protection for Children
We do not knowingly collect any information on anyone who has not reached the age of 18 years through the online services and AP-Companies website.
8. The measures that we take to protect data
AP-Companies takes precautions to protect its users' information. AP-Companies has implemented policies that forbid its employees from using or disclosing personal data in an inappropriate or unlawful manner and maintains security measures to safeguard the personal data from unauthorized access, misuse, alteration, loss or destruction. When you provide AP-Companies with personal data through online forms and other electronic methods, the data is protected using industry-standard encryption.